Important information about us
Alison McKenzie Financial Services Limited, trading as McKenzie Financial Services Limited, is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Our Financial Services Provider (FSP) number is 737871.
My name is Alison McKenzie. I am the sole adviser for McKenzie Financial Services Limited.
My FSP number is 436986.
You can contact us at:-
Address: PO Box 11347 Palm Beach, Papamoa 3151
Telephone: 027 622 5758
Nature and Scope of Financial Advice Services
The following are the areas of personal or business risk and insurance advice that I can provide
Personal risk insurance needs arising from:
- Untimely death (Life Insurance)
- Suffering specified serious illnesses or disabilities (Trauma Insurance)
- Suffering a total and permanent disability (Total Permanent Disability)
- Loss of income through sickness or disability (Income Protection Insurance)
- Needing timely hospital or specialist treatment (Health Insurance)
Business risk insurance needs arising from:
- The loss of a key person through death or disability
- Repayment of business debt and other liabilities caused by death or disability
- Succession, partnership and share purchased needs caused by death or disability
KiwiSaver and Managed Investments
I source insurance products from the following Insurance Providers:
- AIA Services New Zealand Limited
- Asteron Life Limited
- Fidelity Life Limited
- Partners Life Limited
- Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited
- NIB New Zealand Limited
- Accuro Health Insurance (Health Service Welfare Society Ltd)
I source KiwiSaver and Managed Investments from the following providers:
- Generate Investment Management Limited
- NZ Funds Management Limited
- Booster Investment Services Limited
- ANZ New Zealand Investments
My Advice Process
I follow an internationally recognised Six Step Advice Process which involves:
- Establishing the areas of advice for the current engagement (Scope of Service and Engagement)
- Questioning and discussion about your needs and objectives (Needs analysis)
- Further analysis and research by me to design a solution to match your needs
- Preparing a written report for your (Statement of Advice)
- Presenting my recommendations to you and implementing any agreed solutions
- Reviewing these solutions and strategies on a regular basis (annually)
My Qualifications and experience
I hold the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) with Investment, Life, Health & Disability and Residential Property Lending strands. I have been providing financial advice on a wide range of products and services for clients since 1989. I am product knowledge accredited by all the providers I use. I undertake regular professional development to maintain and improved by competence and knowledge.
I have been a Practitioner of Financial Advice New Zealand since 2020
I am a member of the Newpark Dealer Group and they provide me with Continuing Professional Development and Adviser Days.
You can check that I am licensed on the FSPR register http://www.fspr.govt.nz
I can confirm that I have not had any Disciplinary action taken against myself or McKenzie Financial Services.
My Duties and Obligations to you
I have duties and obligations under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way I give advice. I am required to:
- Ensure you understand the nature and scope of service you ask me to provide.
- Provide a service and advice that is relevant to the scope of service and suitable for your circumstances and needs.
- Listen to your needs, concerns, preferences and treat you fairly and with respect.
- Act with integrity and give priority to your interests and give advices not influenced by my own interest.
- Exercise care, diligence and skill in provide you with financial advice.
- Meet the necessary standards set out in the Code of Conduct of ethical behaviour, conduct, client care, competence, knowledge and skill to provide you with the with advice requested.
- Ensure you understand my advice and recommendations and any associated risks.
- Keep you informed along the way and communicate in a timely, clear and effective manner.
This is only a summary of the duties I have. More information is available by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at: https://www.fma.govt.nz/compliance/role/financial-advice-provider/#dapDuties
How I get paid
Fees and expenses: McKenzie Financial Services Limited does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to you. You will not be billed or asked to pay any fees to us at any time even if the engagement of services or the products placed through this engagement are terminated early.
I am paid in the form of commission by the insurance or investment provider through which we place your business. This is paid to my company, McKenzie Financial Services Limited. The amount of commission is based on the premium you pay. This is in the form of an initial commission which is a percentage of your insurance premiums or investment contributions and an on-going commission based on a percentage of the value of your insurance premiums or your investment balance usually calculated at the end of each month in which you hold the investment or renewal of insurance products.
More specific detail is provided at the time our advice is given.
Conflicts of Interest
To ensure that we prioritise your interests above our own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are based on your objectives, needs and circumstances. I further manage possible conflicts of interest by:
- Avoiding any production requirements for one product provider
- Having access to a range of product providers
- Using third party product research as part of our analysis
- Having our processes audited annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Complaints and Disputes
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible so we can try and resolve this for you to the best of our ability. It is our intention to provide the best possible service we can for our clients and will do our best to try and resolve any complaint received as quickly and effectively as possible. You can make a complaint by calling 027 622 5758 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also write to us at:
McKenzie Financial Services
PO Box 11347
We will follow our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible we will try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you now when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
We follow our external complaints process:
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, of you decide not to use our internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Service Complaints Limited. They provide a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to investigate or resolve your complaint if we haven’t been able to do so to your satisfaction.
You can contact FSCL at:
Telephone: 0800 347 257
Address: PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145